I’m Megs and you’re reading my About Me page.
That’s kind of terrifying to know. That you’re here, you’ve read some of what I have to say and now you want to know more about little old me.
You’ve probably noticed by now that I like reading. And I mean I really really like reading. That’s what pretty much all of those blog posts are about, after all. Books.
I’ve always loved to read, I don’t remember a time when I wasn’t reading but the sad thing is a lot of my friends aren’t into books as much as I am. Which means when I’ve finished reading a book, I don’t have many people to talk to about it. Cookie, my cat, doesn’t really seem to care how much I cried when Dumbledore died or how excited I was when Mr Rochester declared his love for Jane Eyre.
That’s the basics of why I have this website. To talk about the books I’m reading. I’d love to be able to say I’m reviewing them, but I don’t really think that’s what I’m doing here. I’m mostly just sitting here, talking to you excitedly about them instead. And probably spilling my cup of tea over myself while I do so!
Now that we’ve talked some about books, what else would you like to know? Well, the important stuff is in bulletpoint format just over there on the left but to reiterate:
- My name is Margaret and I hate it. I went through many varying forms and nicknames throughout my childhood before I settled on Megs. I’ve been Megs now for over 15 years and I think it fits perfectly.
- I live in York in England, and work as a receptionist/office administrator within the NHS.
- I’m 30 years old and planning on staying that way for many years to come. I might even start going backwards. The idea of aging, of getting old, quite frankly terrifies me!
- I’m a hetero-romantic asexual. I’m happily single and live in a two-bedroom flat with my cat Cookie.
- My favourite book genres are urban fantasy, science-fiction and horror. I’m partial to a good young adult novel and chick lit is my guilty pleasure.
- My favourite TV shows include Angel, Bones, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Castle, Charmed, Criminal Minds, CSI, Elementary, Farscape, Firefly, Hawaii Five-0, Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD, NCIS, NCIS: LA, NCIS: NO, Person Of Interest, Scorpion, Sherlock, Stargate SG1, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Walking Dead, White Collar
- My favourite movies shows include 28 Days Later, Blade, The Chronicles Of Narnia, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, The Lord Of The Rings, The Martian, Marvel’s Avengers, The Mummy, Night At The Museum, Pacific Rim, Percy Jackson, Resident Evil, The Ring, Serenity, Star Trek, Star Wars, Transformers, Twilight, Underworld, World War Z, Zombieland,
- My favourite music include Backstreet Boys, Boyzone, Britney Spears, Carrie Underwood, Christian Kane, Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato, Jake Owen, Jason Manns, Jenn Bostic, Josh Turner, Kelly Clarkson, Kylie Minogue, Madonna, Michael Jackson, One Direction, P!nk, Raintown, Steve Carlson, Take That, Unbrakeable, Westlife,